Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:53:58 -0500 (EST)
To: "Brandon R. Lucas"
From: bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernie Krisher)
Subject: Re: North Korea March Trip Donations

Brandon,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind support and humanitarian gesture. The starving people of North Korea will be grateful to you and your friends for helping them in their time of need.

I would like to meet you at the end of April, after my return, to discuss your kind proposal to help with your talent and time.

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Bernard Krisher

--- You wrote ---

>Bernie,

>Thanks for the prompt response. I already got a friend to donate Y10,000, which with my donation makes Y20,000. I expect that several more of my friends will send money over the coming week.

>I speak fluent Japanese and have worked with various government agencies over the past 5 years, so let me know if there's any way I can help with logistics. I run my own businesses in Japan and I set my own schedule, so may be able to contribute a body depending on the timing and necessity. Just let me know.

>Regards,

>Brandon

>At 11:25 97/03/19 -0500, you wrote:
>>Dear Brandon,

>>Thank you very much for your encouraging message. My trip is now slated for either April 2 or two weeks later, April 15, to coordinate my delivery of 200 tons of rice (raised so far) and an ambulance and medical equipment for a hospital which will be loaded on a ship from Niigata while the rice will come from Vietnam.

>>Although there will be trips again in the future all donations deposited into the Sumitomo bank accounts or reaching me in any other way up to April 10 will go toward the purchase of rice or other foodstuffs to be distributed by me personally in North Korea in April. Many thanks.

>>Bernie

>>>Bernie,

>>>I just want to say that I am behind you 100% and am sending out a message to over 100 of my friends asking them to support your forthcoming relief effort with donations. This is a tragedy and I can't believe that the world isn't doing more to stop it!

>>>Please let me know when the deadline is for us to wire money to the account.

>>>Regards,

>>>Brandon
>>>Tokyo

BBBBrandon R. Lucas, President -- Executive Support Technologies
TTTTokyo, Japan
>>>*** Technical Consulting for Corporate Strategists *** |
>>>*** Internet/Intranet Advisory Services and Multimedia Integration|*** *** Internet-based Technical Outsourcing *** |
>>>*** Network Marketing Support Systems *** |
>>>http://www.blucas.com | brandon@blucas.com

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]