Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:29:42 -0500 (EST)
To: "steve mccabe"
From: bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernie Krisher)
Subject: Re: Hi......

3/24/97

Dear Steve McCabe,

Thanks for your message. This is not a political campaign. If there is no famine in North Korea why has the U.S. granted $10 million in emergency aid and even South Korea, $6 million. The World Food program states that the average ration now is 100 grams a day, less than a tea cup. Children are malnourished. My donation are distributed directly to me to the civilian population with video and photo backup as documentation to our donors. I am leaving on my next trip to now mid April to coincide with a shipment of rice for me which will arrive in Nampo port. If you had the instinct to contribute, why don't you do so. Whatever you contribute through me will be given by me to the people who need it. None of it will go to the military. Don't punish the hungry if you don't like their government. You are punishing the wrong target.

Best regards,

Bernard Krisher

>Dear Bernie,
>Are you sure there is a food shortage???
KKCNA... The official news of the North Korean government... March 19,1997 ...Kim Jong ILL .. visited Peoples Army unit # 834 ...He reported .. "Good food supply conditions..." from "Well organized supply service.."
WWHAT IS THAT???? Could it be that there is a shortage, but, the shortage is disproportionate for the farmers ... The country folks are starved in order to get donations????
>IF THAT IS THE CASE.... (I don't know why Kim Jong ILL would say this..)
>I am American, live in Los Angeles .. I was going to give money to the Quakers... but, now I don't know.....I FEEL FOR THE CHILDREN ...but I can't support Any government that starves it's people....
II would appreciate any comments ...
>Steve McCabe

>mrreal@msn.com

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]