Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997
To: Paul Hanks
From: bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernie Krisher)

Subject: Re: How does a US citizen make a monetary donation... are dry goods also desired, as in can goods, clothes and blankets?

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your message.

I live in Tokyo but have an MIT address, as I represent the MIT Media Lab in the Far East. We have donation bank accounts in Japan, South Korea and Australia. Donors in the U.S. have the following choices:

1. They can make a donation through a credit card. (the Okura Hotel in Tokyo has kindly agreed to process such donations and give us the full amount).

2. They can wire transfer funds into our Japanese dollar account:

Bank: Sumitomo Bank
Hiroo Garden Hills Branch
Account Name: North Korea Flood Relief
Number: Futsu Yokin #748838

3. They can make out a dollar check on a U.S. bank to: Bernard Krisher.
At the bottom line, state: For North Korea Flood Relief.
And mail to: Bernard Krisher, 4-1-7-605 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan.

All donations will be acknowledged, donors are listed on our Home Page and reports appear of our donations.

Your support of this project is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bernard Krisher

4-1-7-605 Hiroo
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan (150)
Tel: +81-3-3486-4337 Fax: +81-3-3486-6789
Mobile: +81-30-08-88493 (In Tokyo) 030-08-88493
Internet: bernie@media.mit.edu
MCI MAIL: Bernard Krisher 215-2204

>Bernie:

>Maybe I just missed it. I saw info for Japan and Aust and S Korea donations.

>Where should I look for the latest info on the famine and what your org is doing? I did check out your web page.

>Are you based at Mass Inst of Tech? IF so what is happening regionally in the US (i.e., New England...) to raise money for the effort.

>paul hanks

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]