Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 18:16:32 -0500 (EST)
From: bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernie Krisher)

Dear Mr. Park:

Thank you for your message.

If you look at my revised Home Page (just put up) you will note the details of my next trip. Since my project is purely humanitarian, I am trying to keep a distance from anything political. I realize your interview would be objective and could even contribute to my cause, but the medium, as McLuhan said, is the message. Your network, run by my old classmate from Queens College and World Telegram colleague, Dick Richter, is admirable, hoewever, in Norh Korea it is considered political and were I to appear on your program, it could be regarded there as a political act and could reduce my crebility to do what I am trying to do--modestly distribute food to the needy and hungry. I trust you will understand my reluctance to appear on your program but would welcome any coverage you might wish to give to this project, from news you can find on my Home Page.

Best regards and good luck,

Bernard Krisher

>To: bernie@media.mit.edu >Date: Tue Feb 18 17:32:20 1997

>Dear Mr. Bernie Krisher ;

>I am a Korean language broadcaster of Radio Free Asia headquartered in Washington D.C.

>Presently, I am working on a feature titled 'Food Aid in North Korea'. I read your Reports from North Korea through internet. Also, I heard of you from Jaehoon Ahn, director of RFA's Korean Service. We'd like to interview you with the subject of food shortage in North Korea and your activities to help its people.

>When are you going to North Korea? And how long will you stay there? Is it possible to interview you while you are in North Korea or when you return from there? Please,let me know.

>Radio Free Asia is a half-year old international broadcasting company funded by US federal government. It is private non-profit company, whose objective is to provide credible international and local news to North Koreans. If you want to know more about Radio Free Asia, I will send you a fax.

>Here is how you reach me and RFA :
>(Phone) 202-530-4974
>(Fax) 202-530-7765
>(Email) parks@rfa.org

>I am looking forward to hearing from you.

>Shinok Park

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]