Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:24:01 -0400

To: dimuccio@polisci.ufl.edu (R.B.A. DiMuccio)

From: bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernie Krisher)

Subject: Re: Your NK page and an odd request

Dear Ralph,

Thanks for your message. I will run it among the letters we receive but I don't know how many people log into that section. There is no other appropriate spot where this can run without diverting the focus of my mission to help the starving.

My main goal is to get those people who are really concerned in helping people in need find a route where their desire can be met through the donations I periodically, personally make, particularly now.

Best regards,

Bernie Krisher

-------- You wrote --------

>Dear Bernie,

>I am currently teaching an Introductory International Relations course at the University of Florida. I have a group of 350 students, a surprisingly large number of whom have expressed a deep interest in both the political and humanitarian aspects of the situation vis-a-vis North Korea. This week, I am trying to teach a lesson of globalization, particularly as regards newer media, such as the world wide web.

>In that connection, I have a odd request. If you could post something (a greeting perhaps) on your page referring either to my class or to undergraduates in the US in general, I think this would have huge impact on their learning and -- who knows -- perhaps even generate some help for the cause in which you are so passionately interested. Also, if you know of any truly interactive site related to this case, please let me know.

>I do research on this case myself by the way, and appreciate your page very much. Good luck.

>Sincerely,

>\\|||//
>( o o )
>-----------o00-(_)-00o----------------------------
>Ralph B.A. DiMuccio, Ph.D.
>Assistant Professor
>International Relations Area Chair
>Department of Political Science
>University of Florida
>Box 117325
>Gainesville, FL 32611-7325
>Tel: 352-392-0262
>FAX: 352-392-8127
>IR Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/~irflorida/

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]