From: clipnews@chong.co.nz
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997
To: Bernie Krisher
Subject: Re: North Korean Famine

Dear Bernie & helpers,

North Korea Famine Appeal

Thank you for your early acknowledgment and for replying to my letter. It is encouraging to know you are still working so hard at helping the people of North Korea to survive this disaster. Thank you for your continuing efforts.

I hope the UNICEF person you mention has been vetted for bias and is distributing disinterestedly. I imagine that with your journalistic experience you would be well up to ensuring this. Some people don't have the knowledge framework to even understand that overseas aid can get diverted; to members of just the Catholic Church, for example, with the aim of increasing converts, as happened to American aid in Vietnam in the 1960s. I find this totally disgusting.

Yesterday I sent Nd for the deposit on another property, (which I can live without really however). Consequently I am a bit nervous about it.

For some reason this particular cause tears at my guts, though I have no connections with or knowledge of North Korea.

I do however suspect the weather might have been manipulated for military purposes. I understand this can be done now.

I also sent a smaller sum to a Christian organisation collecting for N Korea famine relief earlier and found this a very difficult thing to do as I disapprove of organised religion.

Good wishes,

Lyn L Milnes

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]