Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 08:54:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernard Krisher)
Subject: Re: publication of pictures

Octoner 9, 1997

Dear Ms. Enderby,

Our agendas are different. The purpose of my trips and our photos are to
help feed hungry people. My daughter  and I do not permit our photos to be
used for other purposes.

Best regards,

Bernard Krisher

>Dear Mr. Krisher,
>our article about Northern Korea deals with the political situation and
>human rights aspects (we critisize the intention of the state to quit the
>human rights covenant of 1966). Furthermore, we will not raise funds for
>the country and will not deliver  food or other relief items. Therefore,
>all we can offer you is to pay a publication fee for Mrs. Krishers picture,
>if you permit the publication of it, bur we can not publish your
>organisation's name or account number. If you are not happy with this idea,
>we will look for a different photograph. Thank you for your attention.
>Gabriele Enderby CSI-Germany.
>
>----------
>> Von: Bernard Krisher
>> An: genderby@csi.de
>> Betreff: publication of pictures
>> Datum: Montag, 6. Oktober 1997 19:26
>>
>> Dear Mr. Krisher,
>> we are a christian human rights and relief organisation and would like to
>> publish one of the pictures taken by Debbie Krisher in our magazine. I
>> already contacted you about this in September, but I did not get a reply
>> until today. The picture we are interested in is the "starving child in
>> Huichon". We would like to print it in the size of a quarter of a page
>> (black and white). The magazine will be distribute in a number of 36.000
>> copies. Please tell us, if you agree with the publication and how much
>you
>> charge. Thank you very much. Christian Solidarity International
>>

>> Dear  Mrs. Gabriele Enderby,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your message and concern for the suffering people
>> of North Korea. We do not sell our photos but permit them to be used in
>> conjunction with our direct donation program where we distribute food,
>> medicine and medical equipment, and monitor that they reach the people
>for
>> whom they are intended. If your article mentions our Internet site and
>> where donations can be sent, we will be happy to let you run this photo
>and
>> any others. The reason for this restriction is that I am not fully
>> confident that other donations necessarily have the same strict criteria
>> and transparency.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Bernard Krisher
>>
>> Bernard Krisher
>> 4-1-7-605 Hiroo
>> Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
>> Tel: +81-3-3486-4337
>> Fax: +81-3-3486-6789
>> Cellular: +81-30-0888493
>>  in Japan: 030-0888493
>> e-mail: bernie@media-mit-edu
>>
>Dear Mr. Krisher,
our article about Northern Korea deals >with the political situation and human rights aspects (we critisize the >intention of the state to quit the human rights covenant of 1966). >Furthermore, we will not raise funds for the country and will not deliver > food or other relief items. Therefore, all we can offer you is to >pay a publication fee for Mrs. Krishers picture, if you permit the >publication of it, bur we can not publish your organisation's name or >account number. If you are not happy with this idea, we will look for a >different photograph. Thank you for your attention. Gabriele Enderby >CSI-Germany. ---------- > Von: Bernard Krisher >bernie@media.mit.edu >
> An: genderby@csi.de >>Betreff: publication of pictures >> Datum: Montag, 6. Oktober 1997 >19:26 > > Dear Mr. Krisher, > we are a christian human >rights and relief organisation and would like to > publish one of >the pictures taken by Debbie Krisher in our magazine. I > already >contacted you about this in September, but I did not get a reply
>until today. The picture we are interested in is the "starving child >in
> Huichon". We would like to print it in the size of a >quarter of a page
> (black and white). The magazine will be >distribute in a number of 36.000
> copies. Please tell us, if you >agree with the publication and how much you
> charge. Thank you very >much. Christian Solidarity International
>

> Dear > Mrs. Gabriele Enderby,
>
> Thank you very much for your >message and concern for the suffering people
> of North Korea. We do >not sell our photos but permit them to be used in
> conjunction with >our direct donation program where we distribute food,
> medicine and >medical equipment, and monitor that they reach the people for
> whom >they are intended. If your article mentions our Internet site and
> >where donations can be sent, we will be happy to let you run this photo >and
> any others. The reason for this restriction is that I am not >fully
> confident that other donations necessarily have the same >strict criteria
> and transparency.
>
> Best >regards,
>
> Bernard Krisher
>
> Bernard >Krisher
> 4-1-7-605 Hiroo
> Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
> >Tel: +81-3-3486-4337
> Fax: +81-3-3486-6789
> Cellular: >+81-30-0888493
>  in Japan: 030-0888493
> e-mail: >bernie@media-mit-edu

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]