Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 12:55:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: Momssix@aol.com
From: bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernard Krisher)
Subject: Re: Antibiotics needed?????

Tokyo October 10, 1997

To: Dr. Kevin and Sarah Schminke

Thank you very much for your moving message. I plan to return to North
Korea in December and will aim to bring more food, drugs and medical
equipment there. Any cash donations I receive by then will purchase food.
You may also ship any drugs, particularly antibiotics, to me at a warehouse
in Niigata Japan. These will be put on a ship which leaves for North Korea
every two weeks and I will monitor and document that the drugs are properly
distributed.

I will be in States from October 13-26 in Boston, New York, Washington,
Detroit and San Francisco--very briefly in each place. Where do you live?

A wonderful group of successful American-Korean doctors, the Christian
Association for Medical Mission (CAMM) invited me to meet them in Detroit.
I have been working with them to send drugs, medical equipment and a few
vehicles that serve as ambulances.

Best regards,

Bernard Krisher

>Dear Sir;
>
>We watched in horror last evening of the documentary of North Korea, and the
>starvation; wasted farmland; loss of life, and loss of spirit. Diane Sawyer
>from PRIME TIME LIVE did an excellant job 'selling', if you will, the
>American people on the urgent immediate need for everything in North Korea.
>
>My husband is an m.d., I am a nurse/counselor, and we have been blessed with
>6 beautiful children. Our last baby we traveled to Tayninh, Vietnam to have
>her placed in our arms.  We were witness to deplorable conditions and also
>experienced the  saddness at feeling so helpless  in a country consumed with
>poverty.  We did take medication and toys for the children at the orphanage;
>but so much more was and  is needed.....as is the case in North Korea.
>
>Our high-school age sons and gradeschool age daughter watched the television
>show with us last evening, and their response was...as is our's..WHAT CAN WE
>DO????
>
>We CAN AND WILL  secure antibiotics through Kevins four man Internal Medicine
>Practice and we  will also recruit other Physicians in our quest to gather
>antibiotics for the persons of North Korea......if you feel this will
>help....please let us know.
>
>We would also like to send a donation.....my question is, will the monies
>reach the countrysides of North Korea?
>
>What we understood from the broadcast last evening :the citizens outside the
>'cities' of North Korea are and will be left to provide for themselves as
>food transported to these rural areas is too costly?..Is this true?
>
>We appreciate so very much your continued coverage of the plight of the
>people in this impoverished country and we hope you accept our offer to do
>whatever you feel vital to the improvement of the quality of life for our
>Korean neighbors.
>
>Very sincerely,
>
>Dr. Kevin and Sarah Schminke...........aol address....momssix@aol.com

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]