Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 01:30:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Bernard Krisher
To: David Manley

Subject: Re: Food Aid Info
Our home page is devoted to collecting emergency funding to provide food
and medicine to hungry people on the verge of starvation. Yet we seem to
attract too many researchers requesting data rather than helping in the
campaign. Please consider that you have a roof over your head and enjoy
three solid meals a day and please contribute to this project instead of
asking us to help you with your research.

Bernard Krisher

4-1-7-605 Hiroo
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Tel: +81-3-3486-4337
Fax: +81-3-3486-6789
Cellular: +81-30-0888493
 in Japan: 030-0888493
e-mail: bernie@media-mit-edu

> >I am a research assistant to a professor of Political Science (Dr. M. >Charlton) who is writing a paper on food aid from the international >community to "problem" states. His report will point out how governments >(S.K., U.S.) have used food aid as a weapon and it will be read by the >political science community, as it will appear in at least one academic >journal. > >I am currently having some difficulty finding exact figures concerning the >amounts of food and other aid that states have conceded to give to North >Korea, and especially official statements concerning restrictions made to >food aid. I noticed that your home page on the Internet has information >concerning food aid given in 95 and 96-- I was wondering what official >sources I might be able to access to point out the political use of food >aid (something specifically revoked in the UN Charter). Thank you very much >in advance for taking the time to read my request. > >Yours, >David Manley >Trinity Western University, British Columbia, Canada.

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]