Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 02:20:35 +0900
From:bernie@media.mit.edu (Bernie Krisher) Subject:Re: North Korea

Tokyo 125/95

To: Mr. Ralph Plumb
President/Chief Executive Officer
International Aid
17011 Hickory
Spring Lake, Michigan 49456

Dear Ralph,

I will be in the States again in early January. I have to be in New York the morning of January 5 and plan to leave New York around the 9th or 10th. It would be possible for me to stop off in Chicago on the 3rd, coming in from Tokyo and move on to New York on the evening of the 4th or very early on the 5th. Would it be convenient to meet you then and talk about Cambodia and North Korea? I am planning another trip to North Korea in late January/early February with more donations-particularly rice as a famine seems imminent if no further international donations are on the horizon. I trust you have seen that WFP is threatening to move out because lack of international support. The rice supply for the flood areas will thus be depleted by February. We may witness another Somalia on our hands.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Bernie Krisher

From INTLAID@aol.com Tue Nov 21 13:13:57 1995
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 13:13:51 -0500
To: bernie@media.mit.edu
Subject: North Korea

Greetings to you, Bernie. It was nice to meet you in Pyongyang. I appreciated learning of the important work in which you are involved bringing humanitarian assistance to people affected by floods in the DPRK.

As promised, please note below a summary of International Aid's involvement there:

1. Personally delivered $30,000 of medicine to three clinics in Pyongyang (and surrounding areas) during our 11/12-18 visit.

2. Shipping a 40' sea container of blankets, powdered milk, medicine and medical equipment worth $220,000 in route by December. 3. Have committed to locating up to five additional containers of bulk food items and other medical supplies, value estimated at $500,000.

When you do your e-mail update on North Korea, I would appreciate International Aid, Inc. being included.

When you are traveling next in the Chicago area, please do plan to visit with us. I am interested in further discussions on your hospital and collaboration in Cambodia.

All the best to you.

[ Back to Letters ] [ Send Email ] [ Return to Homepage ]